Thursday, October 25, 2007

Herceptin

I will be starting the Herceptin drug on Nove 5. This drug is administered by IV. The first dose they drip very slowly for 90 minutes. Doses after are 60 minutes long. I will have this once every 3 weeks for one year. This Herceptin kills the Her2nu cell that was found in my tumor. Her2nu is a very fast growing cell. THey say this is the best drug out there for people that test positive with her2nu.
I have asked for the expansion process to be done so surgery should be 2 1/2 months- 3 months from oct 16th. I see that doctor Nov 2. I will be making sure I can have surgery while being on the herceptin drug.
I have had my follow up ultra sound on my throid and will se the thyroid doctor on November 14.
My hair is growing. I think I felt it blowing in the wind the other day. Paul thinks it is coming in a little darker than it was. I haven't thought so. The kids are use to me not wearing my wig or a scarf now.
I will keep posting as long as your reading.
Thanks for the prayers. Always needed.
Peace
Kelly

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly,
I continue to pray daily for you and think your very courageous and still the beautiful girl I met so many years ago. I love reading your blog and look forward to your updates. It is hard to find words to encourage you without it sounding so cliche...so just know your loved, prayed for and thought about each day from people you don't hear from very often. Love and hugs to you! God bless you and your very family.
Sue Holewinksi

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelly,
I was rushing through the hall the other day and happened to see you by James and Emily's classroom. I noticed no wig or scarf and think that your hair looks GREAT!!! You also look amazing!!! I walked in Celebration of you at the Race for the Cure...you are strong and amazing, and an inspiration to all!!!
~Mrs. Melinda Sheldon :)