Friday, May 27, 2011

Treatment #3

First let me say that I have only updated after a treatment.  I don't do weekly updates.  Too much laziness or taking it easy to worry about my blog.
Secondly,  I have done much better with this drug.  I am glad that they switched to it. Even though I have been able to eat better because this drug does not give me any mouth sores or nausea.  However I continue to lose the weight.  The doctor isn't too concerned with that yet as I have a few to give freely. LOL.
 Now I pray that this new drug works better on the tumors too.  The first drug didn't shrink  any lung tumors but did a little on the liver.
After this treatment the doctor decided to do one more treatment before doing a C.A.T. scan.  That way there may be a better chance of seeing some results.  I have no idea what the plan would be if there was/or wasn't progress.  He may want to do more treatments, he may say I can be done with infusions and  go onto the oral chemo. 
The anglim's are very excited for the warm weather to get here.  The pool is open but no one has been in it.
.
Only 8 1/2 days on the count down for school to be done.  Field Trips and Field Day will take up much of the remaining days of school.  All the children have had a great year. They have matured and have done quite well with their grades.  Mom and Dad are very proud of them.

Everyone grass should be green with all of this rain we have had. Saving on the water bill....yippee.
Enjoy your holiday weekend!
Kelly

A Toledo woman once told a friend of mine. "From the day that you're born, 'til they take you in a hearse, thing are never so bad the they couldn't be worse."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey kelly good for you van an I wish you'all a great summer.

Emily said...

Thanks mom luv u glad I can impress u with my grades! :)

Marcia H said...

Kelly,I'm so glad to hear the treatments they switched you to are not so harsh, and I was happy to hear you have been able to work now and then. Stay strong and keep the faith. Love, Marcia

Anonymous said...

Hope you getting the chance to enjoy the warmer weather