Friday, November 18, 2011

Give Thanks

Thanksgiving is near.  What are you thankful  for?
 I sit here a wake  in the middle of night. Thinking of what to post on this blog.  Today was my treatment day, yesterday was my Dr appointment.  I found out the results of my MRI of the brain and ct scan of my chest and abdomen.  The news is they found that I did have a brain and it does not have any cancer in it.  I'm thankful for that. My CT scan showed stability again.  I'm thankful for that.  My tumor marker, a blood test showed a decrease!  That is great news. This is the first time it has dropped after 4 different drugs...I'm thank ful  for that.
Thank you God for listening to all my prayers and to all the prayers said for me.
I'm thankful for the medicine that is being created everyday to help all diseases.  
I'm ever so thankful for everyone that is playing a part in the journey that I am on. *I could never mention  every ones name.*  chemo brain  or no chemo brain.
James, Emily , Rachel I'm so thankful for.  They are understanding and wise beyond their  years.   Love them  so much.
Paul the best care giver a wife could ask for. Doing above and beyond as a dad and husband.Love Him !
And another Thank you to those that helped plan and organize the wonderful benefit that was  a huge success because of all the people  that donated,  and attended.
And last but not least everyone at Lemmen Holten Cancer Center that help those of us diagnosed with  tis little  "c" called cancer.
Heres to all of you family and friends that have helped me stay strong along this journey. I'm thankful for all of  you.
As far as my chemo treatments I asked how many  more rounds and the Dr said after a long sigh. I don't have a number. And then said something I had not heard before. "this is a long process"  .  "we are finding that the longer it takes to go away...the longer it stays away. Sounds great that I'm on that trail. BUT c'mon now. This gets old after 10 months. A normal feeling I would think. Not knowing  answers are always fearful and frustrating.  I'm  fighting to get off the infusion stage and get on those oral chemo pills that have not been mentioned lately.
updates on the family are Rachel has been working on getting her back hand spring and came home today saying she did it on the springy(tumble track) by herself. Very excited about that for her.   Her first competition is Dec 3.  Her first 8th grade report card will come home soon. She is doing well academically.  Emily has adjusted well to 6th  grade.  Having class switches and more homework. Age Group swim will start after Thanksgiving and she is excited about that. James is signed up for Saturday basketball where they practice for an hour and then split into teams and play games for an hour.  He has been doing good in school too. Paul has tomorrow and then the one more Friday class to teach and he will have about a month and a half off before the next round  of teaching starts.. But this time its only 2 hours a day twice a week.
Thank you for reading my blog and giving support in the way that you do.
Thank  you for who you are in my life!
Peace to you!
Kelly

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are all thankful for you!

Marcia H said...

Oh Kelly...you have such a wonderful way with words, I just love reading your blog. Sounds like great news...it's about time! God bless you, and keep the positive attitude.

Love, Marcia

Sheldon express..This is our life said...

I don't know how I missed this update! I'm happy that your scans came back on a positive note! I have been thinking of you! You are an inspiration to so many, and we are so thankful to have you in our lives!!

Anonymous said...

What a blessing Kelly! So happy to hear the scan news. God is good. You are in my prayers everyday. May God Bless and keep you always.

Love,

Sharon

Sheila said...

So glad I can report answered prayers to my praying children! Yahoo! We will continue to pray for the cancer to disappear miraculously from your body. Sorry it has been too long since I ck'd your blog. hugs2U