Thursday, January 20, 2011

First Appointment

Today was my first treatment of Herceptin. This drug corks all the cancer cells. Once attached to the cells it brings other immune cells to help kill the cancer cells. This is not a chemo drug. Medically speaking it is a monoclonal antibody. This will be taken with my chemo from now on. This drug I had for one year after I was done with chemo the last time. My appointment was scheduled for 9:30 and I arrived at 9:15. I was called at 10:12. I think I started receiving my juice at 1040. Then after taking a little nap because I'm given benadryl in case of allergic reaction. Mom and I ate Tuna Fish sandwiches that she made. Mom sure does know how to make those sandwiches. We walked around the Lemmen Holten Center for awhile then headed back to my chair. Then My iv pump started beeping and my nurse came over and she exclaimed....WHY isn't this dripping? 50 minutes of no meds. UGH! Finally home at 2:30.

You are the only person on earth who can use your ability.- Zig-Ziglar

6 comments:

avanbragt said...

Kelly - I am praying those little Herceptin corks are working really hard while you're in Florida! Maybe the warm temps and sunshine will help them do their job! :) Have a nice trip and have fun!

Linda Messersmith said...

Kelly, I had no idea that you were going through this or that you had in the past. My prayers are with both you and your family. Always remember that God loves you and that he does perform miracles.

My boyfriend's mother has been battling the most aggressive brain cancer there is for the last 3 1/2 years. At the time of diagnosis, they gave her 3 months.

The prayers your family and friends send out will be heard by God. Know that there are many people who will be praying for you. If you need anything, even just an ear to listen, please feel free to get ahold of me. I will send you my phone number on a facebook message, after Monday. God bless you and carry you through your troubling times.

Anonymous said...

"PMA" - Mr. Judson...

Sheila said...

Kelly, My heart is so heavy for you my friend. You are one of the strongest most beautiful genuine people I know if any one can kick this thing in the hiney you can. Ken and i will keep you in our prayers and are always there for anything your family might need.

sue rex said...

hi neighbor, how are you doing today? were praying for you over here. you've done it once you can doit again and were here for you whenever you need something, just call. hugs to you today, sue and rob

Anonymous said...

Dear Kelly,
Just wanted to share with you verses from Isaiah 43: 2-4.
"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you...For I am the Lord your God...you are precious in my sight...and I love you."
These words have been a true comfort to me in the past. I pass these verses on to you my dear friend. Love, Sharon