Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Exit South to Florida

After my Jan 20th appointment I was able to escape to Florida with my mom for a week. Thanks to my sister for not being able to use the ticket she was going to use AND to my nephew and his great job he has.
Anyway we arrived in Florida to 70 degree weather.  Mother nature did not disappoint the entire week.  We had 70 degree or better everyday. No clouds and BLUE skies.  It was beautiful.  Almost a dream.
Now it's back to reality as I am writing this on the day which will be known as the Blizzard of 2011.

I have an appointment tomorrow to get some questions answered.  Then Friday and Saturday Paul and I will be attending a seminar for cancer patients and their families called Help on the Hill hosted by Van Andel Institute.  It is designed to help people understand cancer research and cancer clinical trials.

And then my first Chemo appointment will be Feb 10. in the morning.  I did not receive Chemo before going to Florida but I did receive the drug Herceptin.  They want to give these drugs together so my first Chemo was moved from Feb 3 to Feb 10. Sorry if I did not mention this prior today.

I'm at home with the kids on their first official SNOW day of the school year.  They had a tornado warning day but not a snow day.  I'm cleaning, relaxing and cleaning. Trying to think of everything I can do and need to do before the storm of chemo starts. 
A lot of people have offered their time, and services.  Thank You.  In regards to dinner for the family I have decided that I have to have a treatment first before I know how long if any side effects will take place.  Trying to be positive and hopeful here.  If I'm down and out, I'm all for dinners and every ones help.  I've made a list of things we could use help with.  I'm going to try to add a few things to my blog for people to access. Like calenders to volunteer on. So bear with me.  You may see an entirely looking blog if I need to change things.  Feel free to comment and email me anytime.  I love reading peoples comments and positive thoughts.
Love you all and thanks for the support!
Kelly

There is little difference in people but that little difference make a big difference. The little difference is attitude. The big difference is whether it is positive or negative. W. Clement Stone

3 comments:

Sheila said...

So glad to hear you had a wonderful time in Florida with your mom. That's what the Johnson's were praying for! We will cont. to lift you up. And would love to be kept in loop for any help youmight need.

Anonymous said...

Hey Wax (you know I will always call you that:-)

You and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers. It seems like only yesterday that you were a sophomore at Northview High School and I had the honor of coaching you and the gang in volleyball. How I remember the fun we had...and we were good. Only lost one match:-) You were the ring-leader and when I moved to Tennessee, you were the organizer of getting the group together when I came home for visits. What fond memories.

I'm sad that you are going through this difficult journey, but I am encouraged by your strength and positive attitude. You have a lot of wonderful family and friends that are in your corner pulling for you.

We are hosting a "Pink Zone" event on Saturday, Feb. 12th in conjunction with our alumni basketball game. If you are up for it, I would love to have you there wearing pink. I know you may not be feeling well, but I felt compelled to at least ask you. If you don't make it, you will be in my thoughts. The game is at 1:00p.m.

Can you believe all of the snow? It sure is pretty...Peace my friend.

Linda Nash

Anonymous said...

HI GLAMOR GIRL,
I CAME ACROSS THIS I THOUGHT U MIGHT LIKE THIS
SOMETIMES YOU GET TO SOAR IN LIFE
SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO CLIMB...BUT YOU'LL GET TO THE TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN WITH COURAGE,HOPE AND TIME

TAKE CARE, RANAE