Thursday, July 12, 2012

Lack of rain but not sunshine

The lack of rain is unbelievable ! I have never seen anything like it. Or should I say I don't remember anything like it. I received my ct results today. The ct showed increase in size and numbers of tumors in both lungs. More in the right lung than left lung. I have had no respiratory side effects or symptoms. but that doesn't surprise me because I didn't have any symptoms with my double pulmonary embolism either. I told the dr I like to be unique. With the findings of the ct scan I did not have treatment today. I will be switching to a new chemo drug with insurance approval. That will start next week and it is given once a week, two weeks in a row and one week off. It is disappointing! It's a set back. My body must have been getting immune to the chemo drug. It Is mostly frustrating because I never imagined I would still be having chemo after 17 months. You never want to prepare yourself for that. The days of summer are passing by. We have a vacation planned with the entire family. Mom and dad and my three siblings families. Going to charlevoix to stay in a cottage that Ernest Hemingway's wedding reception was in. Right on lake charlevoix. It will be "just what the dr ordered". I hope you are making lots of memories with your loved ones . Stay safe and keep the faith! Love and peace to all Kelly

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep the faith, you will knock this cancer out of the park! PMA all the way.

Marcia H said...

Kelly, not exactly the report we've been praying for, but keep your fighting attitude and you'll beat this thing yet! Our prayers continue.

Love,
Marcia

Barb said...

Kelly, I will keep praying for good to come with this new drug.Try to keep your head up and the faith! Vacation will be good for you!!
Love you sweetie,
~Barb