Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Updates

Overall I think I had a clearer head with the 2ND round of treatment. I was still down for three days after though. So this next treatment coming up on Monday the 14Th, I will get 2-3 hours of IV fluids the day after. Hopefully this will give me some energy to get out of bed and eat or drink something. I figured it was worth a try.
People are asking about my bone scan results and I see it isn't posted anywhere. The bone scan was clean.
I made one of my goals last week. That was I made it to my nephews graduation on Saturday. I did give in to the first goal of trying to make it to Lansing on Friday too. I do seem to try to make up for lost days once I am feeling good. On Sunday I woke up in time to make it to 8:30 mass, then we went to Holland to watch a different nephew play a baseball game. Monday and Tuesday I went to work, Rachel and Emily had a game of their own tonight and Rachel made an out so we got to go to the ice cream store. YEAH!
I think it is going to be an up and down thing for me. It could be all down so I can't complain about it in that respect. The hair started falling out last Wednesday I think. So I went and had my head shaved. I bought a wig. Some people say they like my new hair, and others say they couldn't tell. I think it looks pretty real myself. The kids are comfortable with it.
I do like when I take it off. It feels like freedom when it is off. I guess imagine wearing a brace on your head and then taking it off. The release of pressure is such a relief. I am not bald yet. I don't look in the mirror too much with out something on my head. I am sure in time I will be able too. Paul offered to shave his head too. But I asked him to grow his since I can't have any. I'm not sure if I will win that suggestion.
Again, I want to thank everyone for their support. In whatever you have done. A thought, a prayer, an act of kindness. It all means a great deal. Tears come to my eyes every time I write to tell you thank you. It is awesome what you do. And you know what you have done. Feel the love come right back to you. Thank You!

No comments: