Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Round #2

I'll start off by complaining. The doctor's office request that you arrive 1/2 hour early for your appointments. So Paul and I arrived at 10 for my 10:30 appointment. At 10 15 they called me for my blood tests. This is in a different area than the doctor's office. I sent Paul back to the doctors waiting area in case they called my name then he could let them know where I was. They are suppose to draw blood through my port. After three tries and no blood she gave up and said she would try again after my Dr. appointment. So back to the other side of the building I went. I think we waited another 15 minutes and then I saw the doctor. They gave me a steroid perscription to take to help with my energy level. They were very surprised about how hard the chemo effected me.
After the doctors appointment I had to wait in yet another waiting area for the chemo treatment. That was suppose to start at 11 am. It was noon and I was starving so I asked Paul to go get us some lunch. So he left and came back with lunch and I was finally called back to start the chemo. I was not doing anything but sitting in the chair until finally At 1 o'clock the nurse tried again to draw blood but couldn't get any to come out of the port. That is scary to me. And then finally started the chemo. I left the place at 5pm. NOT A HAPPY PATIENT. I did eat dinner when I got home but then went straight to bed. Your head just feels so full of muck. I had the dry mouth and eyes again. And between the nausea and the thunder it was a sleepless night for Paul and I again. I slept from 5 am 9 am and that felt good. I got up and took a shower and that took all my energy out of me. I fell asleep again with out drying my hair. After I had some soup I knew I had to get ready to go get my nulasta shot. So I had to wet my hair and dry it with the dryer. Well hair started to fly around in the air. Like falling out of my head. Not a lot but a sign of what is to come. Then it was time to go get my shot at 4pm today. My mom came to bring me and we arrived at 3:50. At 4:30 I asked someone to please find someone for my shot. They called me back but I waited another 20 minutes before I was helped. Just not my luck this week so far.

I'm feeling not so out of it today. Yet I am fatigued still. I didn't even think of going to work today. I've asked work people to send me home when they think I look out of it like the last time I showed up.

The meals that people are bringing are of great help. With never knowing when I'll get home from appointments and the kids coming and going there is no way Paul could add cooking to his HONEY DO List.

We again thank you for all the thoughts, prayers and cards.

10 more rounds to go!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Kelly!

I'm sorry they waste so much of your time, but it happens to me, too. Yesterday, when I went in for labs, they gave me a sheet to check off what all I needed to have done for the day. That was a first. I was hoping it would help with all the lag time. My second chemo is tomorrow. We'll see how it goes.

So did they ever get your blood sample? Did they have to use your arm instead? Yesterday, they asked if they could draw my blood from my arm instead of my port because the nurse was so far behind. So I let them.

I'm so glad to hear your head is clearer this time! Is the nausea any better? I'll let you know how my second round goes after I recover from it.

Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Kelly,
I just wanted to let you know that you and your family are always in our prayers. As I have said before, if there is anything that you need us to do, please let us know. We will help you through this!
Lots of Love,
Nikki and Chris

Anonymous said...

Kelly,

You are always in our thoughts and prayers. We love you very much.

Anna

Anonymous said...

Kelly, I am sorroy for all the trouble with those Drs they certaily like the patient to wait but they do not wait.

Anonymous said...

K Kind
E Exciting
L Loving
L Laughing
Y Youthful

2 down and 10 to go, You inspire many and will make it through this journey

Anonymous said...

Kelly,

Apparently my computer genius failed me yesterday and my message didn't get posted. Imagine that!!!! You are in our thoughts and prayers each and every day. Missed you at the WC/CC game but there is still one more. Livy's having a tough time with the bat. Wish you and Paula could get a hold of her. Your niece Katie is playing well. Got to be genetics. Hope the fatigue and nausea become a thing of the past as you progress with the treatments. Keep the faith...

Scott, Mary, Livy and Nate