Thursday, April 26, 2007

Stronger

Well everyday since Monday of this week I felt a little stronger in body and a lot stronger in mind. The energy level was higher everyday. I did have a few days where the bones were achy enough for me to complain about. On those days the aches were bad enough to keep me up for most of the night . But I'll take that over the feelings I had the days after my treatment. This week I was able to go to work a few mornings, I weeded my small flower garden on the side of the garage and was even able to put some weed n feed on the grass. I even had two nights where I slept all night long with out waking up once. So all in all a pretty good darn week.
It looks like the weather is even going to cooperate for some more sunshine on the weekend before my next treatment.
My goals for next week are: 1. talk to the doctor about how I felt after the first treatment and then hopefully they can adjust either the chemo level or the nausea medicine. 2. Not be down for the count for so long, or not at all. 3. Make it to my eldest nephew's/godsons Honors graduation in Lansing on Friday the 4Th. and 4. Make it to his MSU college graduation on the 5Th .
I THANK everyone, family and friends, for the meals they have brought or will be bringing. THANK YOU! And another THANK YOU for everyone that has sent a card letting us know that you are praying for us and thinking of us. Or those that have posted letting us know the same. I am over whelmed at the thoughtfulness of everyone. Even those that offer to help and want us to call when we need something. We can't even think of enough things for people to do.
All I can say is THANK YOU, and all of this support just helps me fight harder, and to be braver. Please keep the thoughts and prayers going.

I love you all.
THANK YOU


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelly-I'm glad to hear you are feeling better and most importantly stronger in mind. Thank You for this blog or else I'd be driving Roseann nuts with questions! I am active in the "Making Stides Against Breast Cancer Walk" at Foremost, and I'm always thinking of ways to raise money for the cause. This year you will be my motivation,and I will think of your faith & strength (while begging for money :) ). Take care, the Bishop family is praying for you!
Sandy Bishop

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly, I was thinking about you and wanted to wish you the best for tomorrow. I admire your strength and hope to learn from you. Hope to see your smile this week. Your in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Kell,

Hope your having a good day today! I Love Ya!

Kim

Anonymous said...

Kelly,
I'm glad to read you are feeling better. Hang in there, you are an inspiration to many of us. Our prayers will continue to be with you and your family. We are sending happy thoughts and optimism for good days your way.

Kathleen Kelly

Anonymous said...

Hello Wax,

Thought I would drop you a line to tell you how much I admire your courage through this time. You are in my thoughts and prayers always! You will bet this!
Nikki Plug

Anonymous said...

hi kelly this is deb thinking of you everyday. I am praying for your fight all day an all night. Im so angry an hurt this is happening to my family we dont want this for you.forgive me for being selfish Ill try to direct my energy to a positive direction I guess whith my dealings with Doctors nurses this is what you have to do get fighting mad dont take no ***** those people working have been through worst patients than you Ive seen one client of mine just giveup cuss everybody out refused to take med ect....an boy did we see some action they didt want thatit seems they want to push a person to their limits then bring out the big guns so your sister inlaw is pisst. I know your weak and restless and you make them do right by you cause I hear you now lets ROLL. love deb @ van