Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day to Day

Today is the sixth day after treatment.  I've been very tired.   I will close my eyes for a minute and it's 30 or 60 minutes later when I wake up.  One time it was 4 hours later.
 Last night was filled with a few bouts of nausea.  Enough to make me lay on the bathroom floor. I over came it with the help of Paul.  The poor guy.  How he does it I don't know.  Some donut holes helped too.  I've been finding that if I eat small, tiny  meals I'm not as nauseated.  I wouldn't even call it a meal.  A few bites of something every hour is working for the most part.  And thanks to Joe too.  your surprise visit with the donut holes worked out great.  I'd take a small bite of the donut and hand it off to Paul.  Thinking he'd put it back in the package for when I needed another bite.  I searched for the donut and then looked at him and he was eating the donut....LOL.  Love those guys who will finish what you don't eat....or were you thinking gotta love those police men...?
So besides being tired. I'm exhausted.  Any thing I do makes me feel like I'm recovering from the flu.
The kids are being great.  Even telling me I should take a nap.  I have sores on my tongue and in my throat.  Rinsing with salt water/or baking soda and water works great.
This weekend started off with us getting our family picture taken.  We were suppose to do it after treatments in 2007 but never did.  And we had to get it done before I could get my hair colored BLOND.  The kids asked if I would color it blond before it fell out.  Anything for the kids right?  So we had the pictures taken outside at the Ford Museum.  After the pictures we had breakfast at Big Boy with the photographer and her great assistants.  Then off to Aquinas for a pink out basketball game.  After the game we brought the kids to my sisters.  Kim and Stan brought the kids to my brothers in Sand Lake to go sledding.  My brother makes a Luge Run in his yard.  We've had so much snow he's made a double Luge run.  I'll post a picture so you can see how big it is.





Paul and I had a restful evening at home.  I was exhausted.  Then on Sunday evening I went to get my hair colored.  Everyone was surprised when I returned home.  They all like it.  I look like I went south and got a tan! 
I enjoyed sitting in a chair with the slider open and the sun shining on me today and Monday.
I also took a drive out to work just to say Hi to everyone.  It's always nice to see everyone there. Work friends are just like family.  I haven't been there all week.
 Hi again to you Brian! LOL.
Peace to all!  Enjoy the warm temperatures!
Kelly

I liked the quote ...I did not have any surgery lately.
I got the bill for my surgery. Now I know what those doctors were wearing masks for. ~James H. Boren


2 comments:

Sheila said...

Kelly you would look beautiful if your hair were green! I love you as a blond! How fun is that. I may have to make you some of my mini pumpkin donuts to help with your nausea...they freeze great! Enjoy the long wk end with your kiddos.

Marcia H said...

Kelly, you are beautiful...inside and out. Blessings to Paul for being such a great guy.