Saturday, February 19, 2011

A New Day!

Yes!  Today feels like a new day.  A" good day"!  The sun helps the mood so much.  I didn't sleep through the night so I was worried about how my day was going to be but after waking up at 2am and staying awake until 5 I was feeling tired so I went back to bed.  I fell back to sleep and woke at 810.  Took a shower and had enough energy to make it upstairs and have breakfast with everyone.  YEAH!  Then we went to GILDA's Club to join.  What a great place.  I felt like we were at the home of 19 KIDS AND COUNTING.  A beautiful home. Great Volunteers for a great cause.  We had an informational meeting for new members, a tour and brunch.  YUMMY!  Then we bought 60 dollars in t-shirts for the laugh fest.
Later this afternoon we are taking a ride to Lowell for a family gathering for birthdays at my mom and dad's house.  I'm hoping the car ride isn't to long.  Since my chemo treatment I feel motion sickness quite easily.
Enjoy the sunshine everyone.  And tonight I should sleep like a baby I have my sheets drying outside.  Smell that fresh air on your pillow case....hmmmmmmm.
Shalom
Kelly
I searched for a funny quote for today's post
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. ~Elayne Boosler


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking and praying for you everyday Kelly! Can't they give you anything to help you sleep? Seems to me Mel took something. I sure hope you will be able to have a full nights rest soon..
Glad the sun came out to make you feel better.....

Love and Hugs to you.
Mary Lynn

Joni Styf said...

Kelly, Just want you to know that you are in our prayers and I think of you often. You really are an inspiration to others. Prayers and Peace. Joni Styf.

Anonymous said...

hey lady and family just thinking of you today an good news of van pendding surgery ...... none yep no surgery is needed just old age strain pulled legement so we can party on . he is home now an my stepfarther an I are enjoying him plus the taxes are done too, I counting the days till I see you;all stay well an your always in my prayes an mom called us about her back sergery too all good nwes love ya deb

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Girl,
Hope you have a good one!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday too, van home untill sunday we hope you are feeling fine an that hair looks really good blond hey now the familys in my prayres everyday Im so thankfull love you'all lots aunt deb @ uncle van

Judi said...

Kelly, so glad you got to Gilda's club. I knew you would like it. Keeping those prayers going for you and the family..Hang tight.
Love ya
Aunt Judi