Saturday, April 7, 2007

The Begining - April 4th 2007

The beginning

Hello,

I wanted a way to get the word out and this is the best way I knew how.

On March 30 I went to my mammogram appointment and had an ultrasound. The radiologist was not available to tell me the results so the ultrasound tech handed me a piece of paper that said they recommend having a biopsy done. No more no less. I have had a biopsy done on my breast before, on the opposite breast. So this was not alarming to me. But when the phone rang at home at 6 pm and since we have caller id I recognized my primary doctors number. She told me that it didn't look good. I told her I got that feeling as soon as I saw her number on the id. However, knowing that not all suspicious things turn out bad I stayed positive. Even though she did mention the "Big C" word as she put it. She referred me to a General Surgeon on the 3rd of April and said that she may do a needle biopsy in the office on that day. That was today. I did not have the needle biopsy. She wants to do an "incisional biopsy" (?) . Which means at the hospital, outpatient tomorrow at 4:15. She too advised me that she thought it was cancerous and that it was probably due to the radiation that I had to the chest to cure Hodgkins 28 years ago. My primary doctor called me again this evening and I told her I was believing it was not Cancer until the pathology report came back otherwise. She told me that was a good thing but to also be ready for what 3 others agree on.
SO far I am believing no one but the faith I am grasping too right now.
I will keep you all up to date as things are told to me. Who knows maybe this blog page will be 3 days old and that will be the end of it. For now I am walking on the straight road.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck in your jouney. You will always be in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Kelly, I have added your name to St. Pius X Parish's prayer chain. I hope you don't mind. The more prayers, the better! I will pray especially for you through this ordeal. May God give you strength to endure!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly,

Melissa told me about your bad news. I just want you to know we are praying for you and hoping for the best.

I believe God can do ANYTHING! Keep faith and hope alive. Get the best medical care you can afford and then leave the rest to God and your medical team.

I hope you don't mind my using your blog site to check on your progress and send you notes of encouragement.

Sincerely,

Denise McEvers
(Melissa Heidenga's mom)