Saturday, April 7, 2007

Biopsy Results - April 5th

The word is ....Cancer. Invasive Ductal Carcinoma. The next step is having numerous test, like a C.A.T. Scan, Bone Scan, M.R.I. and Blood work. The doctor is hoping all of these to be completed in the next 7 days. My doctor has prepared us for what she does know. I will have a mastectomy, I will have Chemo, and maybe radiation too. The Pathology report is not back yet, the tests need to be completed and then staging can be completed.

Oncologist appointment Monday, Intravenous Port - surgery on Tuesday. This device is inserted by a surgeon under the skin, usually on the chest. This device Will be used to draw blood and to administer chemotherapy and other medications. You are able t bathe and swim as usual with a port. I do not know when I will start Chemo yet.

The children have been told the truth. They know that I will be having medicine that will make my hair fall out and that will make mom tired. Rachel is worried about her birthday on the 30th of April. Emily doesn't want me to have the Flu. and James doesn't want my hair to fall out. When the 15 minute conversation was done with out tears, until the end.....James said:" I love you MOM, Can I go play WebKinz."(for those of you with out children....this is a new computer website, that you have to buy a stuffed animal to play on.)

Paul is being a strong supportive spouse. But I know this effects him just as much as me, just in a different way. So be there for him just as much as for me. Have your prayers be for all of us. And in the end we will all be stronger because of it.

"We move from the question of "why me?" to "Now that this has happened, what shall I do about it?" -JUDY KNEECE

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you Kelly, Good luck.

Anonymous said...

This is the URL to Susan Komen for the Cure
if interested-
http://cms.komen.org/komen/index.htm

Anonymous said...

Your a very postive person and were praying for you.

Anonymous said...

This is another test in your whole life of ball games. You have had a strong PMA to get you thru every one so far. We would rather have you pitching this game then anyone we know..cause you will WIN...jud