Friday, April 20, 2007

Where did the time go

Whew! I don't know where Tue., Wed, or Thursday morning went. I do remember going to work Tuesday morning. I don't know how long I was there. Maybe 2 hours at the most. I left feeling tired and went right home and fell asleep. And I never got out of bed until Thursday late morning. Talk about knocking you down. I am not suppose to feel nauseated. I have two different pills I can take at home plus the one that was given by IV during chemo. My nurse told me tolerable is not good enough. So I hope the next treatment goes better than the first. People called, and I am told I talked. Sorry I don't remember. I even had a visitor and I don't remember that either. I know my kids got themselves ready for school by themselves wednesday morning and I woke up just in time to bring them to school. I don't know how that happened either.



I feel human again on this beautiful day. I wish I could be out gardening or mowing the grass. James needs to learn to ride his two wheeler this summer. Rachel's birthday is in 10 days. Emily and Rachel are playing on the same coach pitch softball team and James is playing his second year of tball. I just hope I don't miss to many of the great days ahead.

Paul is managing all the household stuff beautifully. I would never have known I was out that long by looking at the house. Laundry included. I do not know how he is functioning any better than I though. Playing nurse, daddy daycare, and working full time. And his patient keeping him awake every 3 or 4hours. He's our CAPTAIN of our ship.

For now my schedule is like this. On the 23rd of April and every other Monday after that I have my blood counts checked. I have a bone scan next week, and I have to see the thyroid doctor yet. And every Tuesday I have to have a shot of neulasta. And no that is not a drink.

Thank you for the prayers and the thoughts. I don't know what I would feel like with out all them. I don't want to know either.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination. Jimmy Dean

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know I am praying for you! I am one of Kim's co-workers and she shared your story with me last week. Trust in God for daily strength and energy. He is bigger than anything we face or endure while on this earth.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kel, hang in there. I kind of know what your going through with this. I was with a close friend when she went thru chemo. If you need someone to sit with you at your chemo appointments just let me know. Thanks for all the detailed information, this really helps to understand the type of cancer your dealing with. Our thoughts and prayers are with you every day. If Paul, kids or you need something don't hesitate to let us know. You have such a wide circle of friends and a great family. Use them.
Hugs
Aunt Judi

Anonymous said...

Kelly,

Kim encouraged me to visit your blog. She thinks I should start one, too. What type of chemo are you on? I'm taking 3 of FEC and 3 of Taxotere. My hair started falling out in the shower this morning. Here we go!

Cheryl