Monday, April 16, 2007

No warnings issued!

Good Grief when did the sand storm hit. I fell asleep at 8:30 or a little earlier and I woke up at 10:30 and couldn't swallow anything and I couldn't open my eyes because they were so dry. Good thing we take breaks from the game to rest. All of these things, the dryness are side effects to the three chemo drugs that I am given. Hard candy, eye drops, plenty of fluids, water in particular. I had 115 oz of water today, Went to the bathroom that many times too. And I feel like I am floating still.

I talked to one person and she said she checked the blog to see if I posted. So I thought, since I was awake that I could do that for all of you. I had no energy when I got home to get on the computer because of a head ache. I layed on the couch and then warmed up the meal that was brought to us. I had a good appetite for that. Our exchange student, Amy is liking these different recipes. She is a fan of American food. I probably could have just asked everyone for a recipe and you all would have obliged graciously without me getting this cancer.

I will always go to Chemo on Mondays at 11 am. It took more that 4 hours today. But on a good day I think I should be home at 3:30 or so. On Tuesdays, after my treatment I have to go and get a shot that will boost my blood counts. Side effects to that could be bone achenes and something else that I can't think of.

So to sum my first treatment up. It is not bad receiving the chemo itself while it is being administered. The first drug gave me a headache and they slowed it down going into the IV, gave me Tylenol and a warm cloth. It seemed to cut the edge. All in the forehead and Sinus area. I felt tired a little when leaving the building but not bad. By the time I got home I wanted to lay down and did.

The kids were good. Paul had to run everyone to Ball practice at 4:30 and then pick them up at 6:00 run everyone home and bring Emily to Piano at 6:30. He'll have to do it one more time and then softball practice and baseball practice will be over. No practices once game starts.
So Only one more crazy Monday.

I know God will carry me when I am weak. I just don't like knowing when I am going to be weak. You always depend on team mates to be there. GOD is always the one to come through for the big play. I guess that is how he keeps us close. He'll always be ready, to open the door, listen, carry and gently put you back down.

Thanks for carrying my family and friends.
Love from me to you
Kelly

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The sister of a friend of yours guided me to your blog. I TOO was dx w/ bc (though mine was Stage 1, I was ER/PR-, HER2 positive) and did chemo TEC every 2 weeks x6 followed my 1 year of Herceptin and other than being a little tired, the Herceptin was a breeze. Also, there is Tykerb...I know MANY Stage III and IV women who have done or have been on Herceptin for MANY years (I even know one of the women who was in the ORIGINAL Herceptin trial (she was Stage IV) back in 1993 or 95 and is STILL doing fine. I also here you and I may have the same onc. If you would like to talk further you may email me at hoffman_brown@comcast.net. Take care and do what the docs say so you can be there for you little ones (I TOO have a 6 yo son who was 4 when I was dx). Big hugs and I will say a Novena for you (I attend and my son goes to St. Stephens in EGR).

Rhonda

Anonymous said...

I just want to let you know that you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers during this trying time.
Tim (WYPD)

Anonymous said...

You're an inspiration - so many people are being touched by what you've shared. Never lose that fire, girl.

Anonymous said...

Just a short note to let you know that you and your family are in my prayers. Keep the FAITH! Thanks for the blog. It sure helps us to keep the contact without having to bother Paul but do know that you are in our thoughts. GOD Bless!

Carmen (WYPD)

Anonymous said...

kelly,
i know you know the 5 of us love you. for some reason it is not said enough- mano y mano. We love you. The boys- willie, wiley, and woolie, the wife and I say a prayer every day. We pray for your comfort, strength, and healing, and we pray for courage for the kids. it's amazing how many times the boys ask to say a special prayer. jmd

Anonymous said...

Kelly, we know you have a strong will and you must keep it going to win this one.
Love, Mom & Dad

Anonymous said...

Never give up, a lot of people are praying for you. A lot of people love you. A lot of people need you. Your the tops

Anonymous said...

Wax,
Thanks for sharing yourself in this site. You have always believed in attitude (PMA) and have shown that throughout your life.
Thinking of you and your family often!!! Stay filled with that positive attitude girl!!!!

ritz (WYPD)

Anonymous said...

Kelly,
Please know that you are continually in our thoughts and prayers. I asked our church to pray for you too!! Also - I am helping in your fight as I will be walking in the Susan G. Komen breast cancer 3day in late September. It's 60 miles over three days. It's the least I can do for the fight and cure!!
Take care and please call if you need ANYTHING!!
Love,
Keni Jo (& Brian)